Sunday 25 May 2014

Broken Cups & Good Tea...

A group of former students visited their former university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints of pressure at work and stress. The professor offered his guests tea. Returning from the kitchen the professor brought a large pot of tea and an assortment of cups: plastic, glass, crystal, etc.

Some expensive some cheap. He told his guests to help themselves to tea. 

When all former students had a cup of tea in hand, the professor said: "If you notice, all the expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the cheap and plain ones. While it is only normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. Be assured the cup itself adds no quality to the tea. In most cases it is only more expensive. What all of you really wanted was the tea, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups. And then you began eyeing each other's cups. Now consider this: Life is like the tea. The jobs, money and positions in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life. The type of cup we have does not define nor change the quality of life we live. Sometimes by concentrating only on the cup we fail to enjoy the tea God has provided us. God brews the tea not the cup. Enjoy the tea. The happiest people don't  have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything. Live simply, love 
generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God."

Yes...I admit I believe in a involved and creative God that is mind blogging, and imply undefinable. I must also admit I love tea, and cups, and expensive things too. My dream has been for a long time to have my own school to nurture minds along a path of fulfillment. Maybe I was just trying to give myself purpose, definition, or a dream to grow into. I have grappled for long with feelings of underachieving, there is a greatness others saw in me that I never desired for myself. My gift is with people, I love to share, I love to teach; I don't necessarily love to talk or share space. Giving of myself is just my cup of tea.

Giving is awesome, humans are oddly awesome. People are fragile things, be careful...

Many of my blessings have chosen me, I don't go seeking much. I've always felt sketchy at best, a ghost of a being that leaves a lingering. I am at peace with my wanderlust. My troubles are with the stops I tend to take, not the rest stops, I always drift along test routes with warning signs. I like to go against my will, my instinct, against the spirit that keeps me whole. I forcibly push myself into danger, into newness, to experience my existence on the edge of the expenditures. I am a extremist of sorts. Over the past weeks, as I've committed myself to new givings my life has blossomed. My most significant bloom has been a renewed connection with the source, my God. A renewed balance, a renewed responsibility, a renewed sensuality. I must admit, I don't need to drift to feel and I am aware my learning has not ended. At this junction in my story I look back at days spent well and look forward to rest..


Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Deravatives Of The Soul • All Rights Reserved.
Distributed By Free Blogger Templates | Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger
back to top